Our goal is to keep members informed about legislation and candidates that impact us locally and nationally.
Monthly Luncheon Meetings
RBRWF hosts monthly meeting featuring candidates, party representatives and other high profile guest speakers. Guests are always welcome. Join us and see what we are all about!
The Country Club of Rancho Bernardo
12280 Greens East Road
11 am Social | 11:45 am Lunch/Speaker
3rd FRIDAY of the month
(except July, August and December)
For? Against? Not sure? Learn more about the state propositions on this year’s ballot and see the California Federation of Republican Women (CFRW) recommendations to make an informed decision.
Single Payer Healthcare and Why It Will Be Hazardous To Your Health
Talking Points from Waskah Whelan, NCRWF San Diego, California
- The centerpiece of Gavin Newsom’s campaign for Governor of California is passage of Single-Payer Healthcare
- Under Single-Payer, the State Government will pay the doctors and will decide what procedures you are allowed to have.
- Gavin Newsom and the California Democrat Party are proposing that anyone living in California, legal US Citizens or not, will be covered by this plan.
- The funding for Single Payer will be paid by taxes on Californians, even though California is already the highest taxed State in the Country.
- The current California budget is $200 billion per year. Single-Payer Health Care will add $400 billion on top of that. How can we possibly pay for this?
- Single-Payer Legislation is not a Health Care Program, it is a Health Insurance Program…Everyone is covered, but not everyone will receive the healthcare they need.
- Based on data from countries that use Single-Payer, there will not be enough Doctors, hospital beds or money to provide free healthcare for all. Single-Payer will deliver sub-standard care, inevitably leading to Rationing for all.
- Rationing will be based on the patient’s “Quality-Adjusted-Life-Years.” Rationing panels will decide based on your health history if you are too old, too ill, too out-of-shape with too many bad habits (i.e. smoking, obesity) to deserve expensive medical treatments. This is a fact of life in countries using Single-Payer. It’s all about the money and keeping expensive medical treatments away from patients as much as possible.
- Left-wing Progressives consistently state that the USA spends more on healthcare than other nations and gets worse results. They believe only a Single Payer system can fix the problem. This is not true.
- In third world countries, less is paid for healthcare, but the tradeoff is lower life expectancy and higher infant mortality.
- Luckily we have statistics from the world over showing the shortcomings of Government Run (Single-Payer) Healthcare.