Rancho Bernardo Republican Women Federated
The purpose of this organization is to:
- Promote a wider knowledge of the principles and policies of the Republican Party.
- Encourage active citizenship.
- Foster loyalty to the Republican Party and to promote its principles and candidates.
- Cooperate with the Republican State and County Central Committees for the election of the Republican nominees.
- Promote an informed public through political education.
- Increase the effectiveness of Republican women in the cause of good government.
- Facilitate cooperation among Republican Women’s Clubs.
Founded in 1964, the Rancho Bernardo Republican Women Federated was among the first organizations in Rancho Bernardo. Our membership consists of Republican women, and associate members, in Rancho Bernardo, Poway, 4S Ranch, Scripps Ranch, Sabre Springs, and Rancho Penasquitos.
As a Federated Club, part of the yearly dues supports the County, State, and National Federation of Republican Women. We are a 527(n) tax-exempt political organization.
ABOUT OUR ACTIVITIES
Our political work includes walking precincts, voter registration, petitions, working at the San Diego County Republican headquarters, and attending local government council and board meetings. We are members of North County Business Chamber, Poway Chamber of Commerce, and San Diego County Young Republicans.
In addition to supporting Republicans at all levels of government, our Programs Chair strives to find interesting and knowledgeable speakers for our meetings to educate us on important issues. Our Ways and Means team hosts several social events a year, and our Membership Chair leads membership drives to introduce new members to our club. Our award-winning newsletter is published each month featuring club activities, issues of interest, and legislative news.
Though we are primarily an educational and political organization, our club is active in community outreach. We provide support to first responders, a variety of charity organizations, young Republicans, and annually, we offer a scholarship to a high school senior who could also be eligible for the county-and state-wide Charlotte Mousel scholarship awards.
The RBRWF General Meeting & Luncheon is held on the third Friday of each month, except July, August, and December. Programs are primarily educational, featuring well-known speakers and Republican candidates for office. Guests are always welcome.